Quinoa Crispy Brownies
“Halloween won’t feel like Halloween if there isn’t any chocolate, so what I love about this recipe is that the dark chocolate and the gluten-free flour give this brownie a nice decadent flavor without all of the guilt. The quinoa crisps also give these treats a nice crunch and a few nutrients that you won’t find in a candy bar.”
-Leona Sager, the Wayfarer
2 sticks butter
1 cup dark chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
2 T vanilla extract
2 T salt
1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
1 quinoa crispies (your favorite brand)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt one stick of butter in medium pan and add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Remove from heat and set aside. In a standing mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the remaining butter until white and fluffy.
4. Add sugar and mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until incorporated.
5. Add flour and mix until it’s incorporated. Add melted butter and chocolate mixture.
6. Detach the bowl from mixer and hand mix to make sure all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in quinoa crispies.
7. Pour into a half sheet baking pan or large casserole dish and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely.